Orange chicken is one of the most popular Chinese dishes. It is one of the most popular dishes in Panda Express as well. It is not unusual to find this recipe difficult unless you follow the steps. Following is step by step way to make this delicious delicacy.
Ingredients for chicken:
Cube shape chicken
sprinkle of ground black pepper
salt to taste
2 eggs beaten
soy bean oil to fry
1. Cut the chicken into cube shapes.
2. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste to the corn starch.
3. Coat the chicken in corn starch well.
4. Put them in egg wash.
5. Fry them in oil until they turn brown or deep brown.
You can add corn starch again but that is optional unless you want the chicken to be thicken.
Ingredients for Sauce Preparation:
1 & 1/2 cup of orange juice
1 & 1/2 cup of water
2 table spoon of vinegar
2 table spoon of soy sauce
1 & 1/2 spoon of green onion
1 & 1/2 spoon of red chili pepper flakes
1 tea spoon of ginger paste
Orange zest from 2 oranges
1 table spoon of corn starch mixed in 1 cup of water
2 table spoons of brown sugar or to the taste
1. It is easy to make the sauce for orange chicken when you have all the ingredients. Just add all the ingredients together and boil the mixture.
2. After the mixture start getting thicker add the chicken cubes to the mixture for about 7 minutes or the thickness you want.
Serve the orange chicken warm with fried rice because it goes really well with fried rice.